Coaches Committee News
Become a USATF Level 1 Coach at Home!
USATF has begun the delivery of online Level 1 Schools via Zoom in real-time across a four-day schedule.
Click here for the national schedule of schools: https://www.usatf.org/programs/coaches/coaching-education
Level 2 Schools
This summer’s Level 2 school will once again be offered via zoom from 19-23 July.
All interested coaches are strongly encouraged to register well before the 11 June deadline as spots in all event groups fill fast. For information, with school registration form at the bottom: https://www.usatf.org/programs/coaches/level-2-information
Upcoming USATF Campus Site Relaunch
USATF Campus moved has moved to new website, and users will be unable to login to their account to complete courses, including the Level 1 Exam, retrieve certificates or purchase new courses from the previous website.
All previous users should have received a new system generated password to login. Contact [email protected] if you require additional login or navigating assistance.
no upcoming clinics scheduled at this time
Due to ongoing COVID concerns, the Athletic.net SuperClinic scheduled for early February 2021 has been cancelled
USATF Level 1 Recertification Application Update:
USATF members with an expiring Level 1 certificate in 2020 can now apply for renewal through December 31, 2020. Members may verify their certificate expiration date according to the schedule below or by logging into USATF Campus (certificates are available under Transcripts).
|January 1, 2013-June 30, 2019||December 31, 2020|
|July 1, 2019 – December 31, 2020 (waiver period)||December 31, 2024|
Members who completed a Level 1 during the waiver period do not need to take any action until the next recertification period. Level 2 and 3 coaches remain exempt from recertification and no action is necessary.
- Renew USATF membership for 2020
- Complete latest SafeSport Training (must be current through 12/31) – NEW requirement
- Complete a USATF approved recertification course* (choose one)
- Submit recertification application and processing fee ($30)
- Verified by national office (allow five business days)
- New certificate awarded on USATF Campus upon approval
You must complete steps 1-3 before accessing the recertification application. Please do not email copies of your certificates unless requested.
*Recertification course must be completed both after Level 1 certificate was last attained and quad start (January 1, 2017). No credit will be provided for any courses completed prior to (last) Level 1 certificate date.
USATF has joined the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) to implement the SafeSport program. The goal of SafeSport is to provide a safe environment in our sport at all levels, but particularly for athletes who are ages 18 and under. The SafeSport program includes athlete protection policies, guidelines, codes of conduct, a background screening program, education and training, and a reporting process for any SafeSport concerns within our sport.
- All Officials and Youth Club Coaches and Volunteers will need to complete the SafeSport Program.
- Youth Coaches must meet this requirements before your club’s membership will be approved and activated in the USATF system for 2016, and beyond.
- SafeSport became a requirement of the Coaches Registry as of January 1, 2016, and all certification is good until 31 December, 2020.
- To complete the free, 90 minute, on-line USATF SafeSport Training course, click here.
- Click here for the current list of those who have cleared the NCSI background screen and SafeSport Training checks.
USOC Coach Magazine: Free e-zine resource for all coaches with informative articles on training and peripheral considerations common amongst all Olympic sports.
Techniques Magazine: A great free quarterly e-zine from the collegiate USTFCCCA with informative article on all aspects of our sport.
speedendurance.com: An excellent information website with well researched articles on a broad variety of topics.
Coaching Athletics: Free e-zine devoted solely to coaching our sport with feature articles and training tips
Click here for a free USOC 30min webinar on how to coach youth athletes
Click here for link to Sports Hope Foundation which helps high school and community college student athletes find pathways to four year colleges and universities.
Click here for survey on high school/Youth coaches survey regarding USATF-Pacific services conducted by HS-Youth SubCommittee Chair Jennifer Oliver in Spring, 2016.