Youth Cross Country, Track & Field, Race Walking
2022 National USATF Junior Olympic Track & Field Championships
July 25-31 • Sac State’s Hornet Stadium, Sacramento
CLICK HERE or on above images to visit the USATF Pacific’s JO Page
for links to Results, Stories and More!
Today’s USATF Pacific youth athletes are tomorrow’s champions! As the #1 youth participatory sport, every child competes alongside their peers in 2-year age divisions, from age 8 & younger up to 18. Everyone trains and competes – no one is left on a bench! Track & Field events take place in the spring and summer; Cross Country events are held in the Fall; Race Walking competitions are held year round. All offer a variety of both competitive and fitness opportunities, and they lead up to regional, national and even international competitions. Only USATF members may participate in USA Track & Field’s Junior Olympic program.
The Pacific Association is the largest youth program Northern California, with nearly 4,000 young athletes competing each year. Success at the Junior Olympic level can led to college scholarships. Many of America’s top collegiate and post-collegiate athletes began their road to fame by competing in the USATF Junior Olympic programs. They include stars such as Amber and Ashton Purvis, Javid Best, Jordan Hasay and Olympians such as Jeremy Wariner, Allyson Felix, Sanya Richards, and Lauryn Williams.
JOIN USATF today and make your Olympic dreams come true!
Important, 2020-21 Youth Policy Changes
- CLICK HEREfor Pacific Association Coaches Badge info and application
- CLICK HEREfor Extensive Updates on USATF Youth Championships COACHES Credentialing Policy Program (Revised 2-2021)
- Youth BIRTH CERTIFICATE Policy Changes (Revised 11-2020)
- USATF Date of Birth Verification Policy Document showing changes, which includes: “all birth certificates must be uploaded at the National Website no later than FIVE days prior to the meet deadline.”
- View the complete USATF Birth Certificate Policy Change
- For assistance and questions, call 317-261-0500.
- CLICK HERE for meeting minutes