Youth Cross Country, Track & Field, Race Walking
Important, Recent USATF Youth Policy Changes
- CLICK HERE for Pacific Association Coaches Badge info and application
- CLICK HERE for Extensive Updates on USATF Youth Championships COACHES Credentialing Policy Program (Revised 2-2021)
- Youth BIRTH CERTIFICATE Policy Changes (Revised 11-2020)
- USATF Date of Birth Verification Policy Document showing changes, which includes: “all birth certificates must be uploaded at the National Website no later than FIVE days prior to the meet deadline.”
- View the complete USATF Birth Certificate Policy Change
- For assistance and questions, call 317-261-0500.
Today’s USATF Pacific youth athletes are tomorrow’s champions! As the #1 youth participatory sport, every child competes alongside their peers in 2-year age divisions, from age 8 & younger up to 18. Everyone trains and competes – no one is left on a bench! Track & Field events take place in the spring and summer; Cross Country events are held in the Fall; Race Walking competitions are held year round. All offer a variety of both competitive and fitness opportunities, and they lead up to regional, national and even international competitions. Only USATF members may participate in USA Track & Field’s Junior Olympic program.
The Pacific Association is the largest youth program Northern California, with nearly 4,000 young athletes competing each year. Success at the Junior Olympic level can led to college scholarships. Many of America’s top collegiate and post-collegiate athletes began their road to fame by competing in the USATF Junior Olympic programs. They include stars such as Amber and Ashton Purvis, Javid Best, Jordan Hasay and Olympians such as Jeremy Wariner, Allyson Felix, Sanya Richards, and Lauryn Williams.
JOIN USATF today and make your Olympic dreams come true!
Daily USATF JO News Posts with USATF Pacific Champions
click here for the New England Association return to practice template
Latest Youth News
- Cost: Free to all, but you must sign a waiver.
- PLEASE be advised that the Tamalpa Track Workouts and Track Meets will require that all participants have been vaccinated for COVID-19 or have had a negative COVID-19 Test within 7 days of OUR workouts or races to participate in the workout or race.
- Location: San Rafael High School
- Cost: Free to all, but you must sign a waiver.
- Start Time: Warmups start at 6:00 PM, First event (1-Mile) starts at 6:30 PM
- End Time: Final event starts at approximately 7:30 PM
- Evens: 1 Mile, 400M, 800M, 200M, 100M, (2 Mile or 3K) & 5K
- 2 Mile (or 3K) & 5K are run concurrently
Contact: Meet Director: Frank Ruona Email: [email protected] ph# (415) 760-8992
Event Dates & Times
- May Track Meet Tuesday, 5/18/21 7:00 PM Start One Mile; 400M; 800M; 200M; 100M; Two Mile; 5000M
- June Track Meet Tuesday, 6/15/21 6:30 PM Start One Mile; 400M; 800M; 200M; 100M; 3000M; 5000M
- July Track Meet Tuesday, 7/13/21 6:30 PM Start One Mile; 400M; 800M; 200M; 100M; Two Mile; 5000M
- August Track Meet Tuesday, 8/17/21 6:30 PM Start One Mile; 400M; 800M; 200M; 100M; 3000M; 5000M
- September Track Meet Tuesday, 9/14/21 6:30 PM Start One Mile; 400M; 800M; 200M; 100M; Two Mile; 5000M
Click on the link below to obtain your association Registered Coaches Badge:
Apply now to obtain your badge at either the PAC 8 or 5 Meets
Thursday 5/13 at 7:00pm there will be an update regarding the status of the youth championships meet scheduled for this summer. Each club should have received an invite to this meeting. If you have any additional questions contact the Youth Committee Chair Carl Bryant ([email protected]) or youth communications ([email protected])
Nominations for all Pacific Assoc committees are open until Tuesday May 18th when they will close at the end of the BoA meeting.
Please consider serving on one of these committees: Men’s Track & Field, Women’s Track & Field, Master’s Track & Field, Men’s Long Distance Running, Women’s Long Distance Running, Master’s Long Distance Running, Race Walking, Youth Athletics, Officials, Coaches
Thank you for considering stepping up to a leadership role in our association!
This summer’s Level 2 school will once again be offered via zoom from 19-23 July.
All interested coaches are strongly encouraged to register well before the 11 June deadline as spots in all event groups fill fast. For information, with school registration form at the bottom: https://www.usatf.org/programs/coaches/level-2-information
All positions for the Pacific Association Youth Committee positions are currently open for nominations. If you or are interested in serving on the the Youth Committee or would like to nominate someone you think feel would be a good candidate for an office please contact the Carl Bryant at [email protected] or 209-765-9840.
The 2021 Track & Field schedule has been updated. All meets are tentative pending updates from the national office for qualification guidelines and clearance from local counties due to potential COVID-19 restrictions.