EVENT MEDICAL SUPERVISION FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
As part of the approval process for obtaining an event sanction, the Pacific Association requires that you have ONE OF THE FOLLOWING AS YOUR PRIMARY MEDICAL PROVIDER, AND THE PROVIDER MUST BE ON SITE OF THE EVENT AT ALL TIMES: EMT (BASIC/PARAMEDIC); NURSE (RN OR LVN); DOCTOR (MD OR DO). We need to identify this person and how to contact this person with current PHONE AND EMAIL. You must include this information on the sanction form under the Medical area.
APPROVED MEDICAL PROVIDERS( PRIMARY PROVIDER:
- EMT (BASIC / PARAMEDIC) with their own malpractice insurance
- NURSE (RN OR LVN) with their own malpractice insurance
- DOCTOR (MD OR DO) with their own malpractice insurance
**NOT APPROVED AS PRIMARY MEDICAL PROVIDER (SECONDARY PROVIDER OK) with their own malpractice insurance. THIS PERSON MUST BE AT THE SAME LOCATION AS THE APPROVED PROVIDER.
- ATHLETIC TRAINER
- FIRST AID (BASIC/ ADVANCED)
- FIRST RESPONDERS
- EMR (EMERGENCY MEDICAL RESPONDER)
- PARK RANGERS
For questions or assistance, please contact the Sports Medicine Committee Chair at either 415-722-8876 or [email protected].
Download Link for the USA Track & Field Volunteer Event Medical Professional Liability Program Summary.
If you need help finding a medical provider for your event, let us know. We can provide you with a list of providers who have done prior sanction events.
Important Forms & Information
- Athletes taking prescription medications for asthma or diabetes that contain prohibited substances must submit this Medical Notification Form annually.
- Request for accommodation pursuant to ADA ACT
- USA Track & Field Event Medical Professional Liability Program (includes information and forms)
- Medical Claim Form
- USA TRACK AND FIELD program for the volunteer medical provider, for the malpractice insurance requirement.