Background Check Procedure for Coaches, Officials, Volunteers Involved in Youth Activities
Information updated 1/22/2018.
Process Overview: Three Steps are Required
In order to help protect PA youth from criminals with histories of crimes against children, the Pacific Association was one of the first USATF Associations to adopt background checking procedures. Subsequently the National USATF adopted procedures and currently uses the NCSI (National Center for Safety Initiatives) system. In 2016, the SafeSport training was also made a requirement.
1. All candidates for background checks must be USATF Pacific members. Sign up here.
2. All USATF Pacific coaches, volunteers and officials working with youth to have the NCSI (National Center for Safety Initiatives) background check done.
- Click here for National USATF Background Check Procedure Information.
- Click here to visit the NCSI background check page for more information about the NCSI Background Screening process.
3. All USATF Pacific coaches, volunteers and officials working with youth are required to complete the SafeSport Training program.
Current Lists of Cleared Background Check PA/USATF Coaches, Volunteers, Officials