Background Checks and SafeSport Training is required for Coaches, Officials, Volunteers Involved in Youth Activities
Information updated 2/20/2019.
In order to help protect PA youth from criminals with histories of crimes against children, the Pacific Association was one of the first USATF Associations to adopt background checking procedures. Subsequently the National USATF adopted procedures and currently uses the NCSI (National Center for Safety Initiatives) system. In 2016, the SafeSport training was also made a requirement.
- All candidates requiring Background Checks and SafeSport must be USATF Pacific members. Sign up here.
- Click here for National USATF Background Check/SafeSport Procedure overview.
- Click here to visit the SafeSport and Background Check page for more information about these programs.
- SafeSport Training FAQs
- Click here for the 2019 New Education Standard for USATF Coaches Registry & Youth Coach Credentialing Protocol.
- USATF Coaches Registry and SafeSport Compliance List