Youth Cross Country, Track & Field, Race Walking
Below is a slide show of the February 10, 2024 USATF Pacific Run, Jump and Throw Clinic held in Vacaville, courtesy of USATF and Hershey.
Today’s USATF Pacific youth athletes are tomorrow’s champions! As the #1 youth participatory sport, every child competes alongside their peers in 2-year age divisions, from age 8 & younger up to 18. Everyone trains and competes – no one is left on a bench! Track & Field events take place in the spring and summer; Cross Country events are held in the Fall; Race Walking competitions are held year round. All offer a variety of both competitive and fitness opportunities, and they lead up to regional, national and even international competitions. Only USATF members may participate in USA Track & Field’s Junior Olympic program.
The Pacific Association is the largest youth program Northern California, with nearly 4,000 young athletes competing each year. Success at the Junior Olympic level can led to college scholarships. Many of America’s top collegiate and post-collegiate athletes began their road to fame by competing in the USATF Junior Olympic programs. They include stars such as Amber and Ashton Purvis, Javid Best, Jordan Hasay and Olympians such as Jeremy Wariner, Allyson Felix, Sanya Richards, and Lauryn Williams.
JOIN USATF today and make your Olympic dreams come true!
Registered Pacific Coaches Badges Available
- Through a grant obtained from the National Association Committee and the efforts of LaDonna Aubert working to design and create these badges, you may be eligible to obtain a Registered Pacific Coaches Badge to wear at all events to better protect our athletes and to control access to competition areas. To be eligible for this badge you must be 3-step compliant: 1) 2023 membership, 2) current SafeSport, 3) NCSI current background check, 4) color photograph loaded onto your Connect 80 membership profile.
- Once you have this information and uploaded your photo, please complete the short application at: https://forms.gle/B86aAhLsosyFWm1R6
- Badges are distributed at larger youth meets. For further information, contact LaDonna Aubert
Enjoy this slideshow of the 2023 Feb. 18 and Feb. 25 Youth Clinics action!
Photos courtesy of Tori Busto and Lee Webb
2022 National USATF Junior Olympic Track & Field Championships: Results, Stories, Photos, News
Held July 25-31 at Sac State’s Hornet Stadium, Sacramento
Previous Youth Committee Meeting Minutes
CLICK HERE for updated Safe Sport Instructions (9/20/22)
Important, 2020-21 Youth Policy Changes
- CLICK HERE for Pacific Association Coaches Badge info and application
- CLICK HERE for Extensive Updates on USATF Youth Championships COACHES Credentialing Policy Program (Revised 2-2021)
- Youth BIRTH CERTIFICATE Policy Changes (Revised 11-2020)
- USATF Date of Birth Verification Policy Document showing changes, which includes: “all birth certificates must be uploaded at the National Website no later than FIVE days prior to the meet deadline.”
- View the complete USATF Birth Certificate Policy Change
- For assistance and questions, call 317-261-0500.
- CLICK HERE for meeting minutes