USATF 2015 XC CLUB Championships
Friday, December 11 at the Sheraton Hotel Fisherman’s Wharf
- 12:00-7:00pm – Packet pick up
- 5:45pm-6:55pm – “It’s all about Cross Country”
- 7:00-8:00pm – Technical Meeting Mike Scott, XC Chair; Bill Quinlisk, Masters XC Chair; John Rembao, Race Director; Al Hernandez, Tech Director; Tim Wason, Park Liason; Dave Shrock, Expo Director.
Saturday, December 12, Race Day Schedule at Golden Gate Park (Note that ALL athletes must wear the red day pass wristband the entire day for entry into race, food areas and post-race ceremony.)
- Link to Course Maps page
- Link to Printable Map from Sheraton and Holiday Inn (Fisherman’s Wharf area) to Golden Gate Park
- 7:45am-1:00pm: Packet Pickup near the Starting Line
- 9:00am Masters Women 6 km
- 9:45am – Masters Men 8 km 60+
- 10:45am – Masters Men 10 km 40+
- 11:45am – Open Women 6 km
- 12:30pm – Open Men 10 km – A*
- 1:15pm – Open Men 10 km – B*
*Click here to read about Open Men’s Race Assignments
Golden Gate Park race day activities:
Sponsor Expo will take place at the Southwest Parking Lot – free samples, refreshments and massages will be available. Below are the logos with links to our valuable post-event “goody” providers!
Food Truck Fest! will have lots of great food specialities available to purchase for hungry runners, friends and spectators! Confirmed as of 12/9: Linda’s Catering, Little Green Cyclo (from “off the grid”), Tacos El Flaco
Saturday, December 12 Post Race Schedule: Drs Vigil and Dalhkoetter Q&A, Awards Ceremony, After Party Info!
- 4:00-5:15pm – HS-Youth focused Q&A with previous evening’s guest speakers Drs Vigil and Dalhkoetter at Galileo Academy of Sciences and Technology in campus gym (enter via driveway on Polk St between North Point and Bay)
- 4:45-5:30 Appetizers in Gym Mezzanine-Galileo Academy of Science and Technology
- 5:30-6:30 Awards Ceremony with theater seating up for to 1300 people in front of a full stage.
- Location: Galileo Academy of Science & Technology 1150 Francisco St., San Francisco, 94109; printable map
- 6:45pm to 12 midnight – XC Nationals After Party at The Factory in San Francisco
- Consider visiting Ghirardelli Square for a hot chocolate Sunday, or go down another block to Buena Vista Cafe for their famous, original Irish Coffee (2765 Hyde St).