Who is eligible
- Athletes must be at least 7 years of age or older by December 31 of the current year to compete at the Youth Athletics or Junior Olympic National Championships.
- They must be USATF Pacific Members, unless they do not reside in this area, in which case they must be members on one of the other 57 USATF Associations.
- Athletes who are still eighteen (18) years of age through the final day of the National Junior Olympics Track & Field Championships shall be eligible to compete in the 17-18 year old division through that meet.
- Athletes must compete in their own 2-year age group. These age groups are based on the age the athlete will turn in the year 2020 as described in the chart below.
Age Birth Year
8 & Under: 2012+
9 – 10: 2010-2011
11 – 12: 2008-2009
13 – 14: 2006-2007
15 – 16: 2004-2005
17 – 18: 2002-2003
How to Qualify
- FIRST, join USATF Pacific or renew your USATF Pacific membership!
- There are two types of Junior Olympic Qualifying Meets:
- Single Sport Competition
- Combined Sport Competition
- Visit the USATF Pacific’s Youth Track & Field schedule for more info and for all the meets leading up to the National Junior Olympic Championships.
- Note that if the USATF Pacific is hosting the JO Championships, candidates may qualify only at the Region 16 Qualifying Meets.