Relive the 2014 USATF Outdoor Track & Field Championships!
Presented by The Pacific Association/USATF and the Sacramento Sports Commission
Updated July 8, 2014
- Links to Videos of Championships Action
- Spectacular Slide Show of Championships Action from Sacramento Sports Commission Photographer Bryan Patrick
- Capitol Shot Put Men’s Final; Entire Event
- Capitol Shot Put Women’s Final
- News 10 Interview with Michelle Carter
- FloTrack Results and Interviews
- Bernard Lagat 5,000m Win
- Conley/Hasay 10,000m Battle
- Galen Rupp’s 10,0000m Win
- Huddle takes on Rowbury for the 5,000m Win
- . Michael Rodgers and Tianna Bartoletta win.
- 2014 USA Track & Field Outdoor Championships Overview
- Day 2 Report from KCRA News
- Is Sac on Track for more Track & Field? by Alice Voisin, courtesy of the Sacramento Bee
- Day 5: Tarmoh finally earns 200 meter title. by Mark Winitz
- Is Sac back on track for more events? courtesy of the Sacramento Bee
- Kori Carter wins first national title in 400-meter hurdles courtesy of the Sacramento Bee
- Sacramento Bee Final News & Notes featuring PA’s Stephanie Brown Trafton’s Return to Competition
- Day 5 News & Notes courtesy of the Sacramento Bee
- Photo Galleries courtesy of the Sacramento Bee
- Day 4: Day Four Yields Solid Performances at 2014 USA Track & Field Outdoor Championships. by Mark Winitz
- Day 4 News courtesy of the Sacramento Bee
- Day 3: Huddle and Rowbury Wage Memorable Duel for 5,000 meter crown. by Mark Winitz
- Golden West Invitational Results
- Echo Summit Dedication Press coverage
- Day 2: Conley and Rupp Garner 10,000 meter Titles. by Mark Winitz
- Kim Conley wins W10,000m: Press Release from John Schumacher
- Juniors Star in Decathlon on Day 2: Press Release from Fred Baer
- Michelle Carter at the Capitol Shot Put from Joe Davis, Sacramento Bee
- Day 1 – Capitol Shot Put: In Depth Article by Mark Winitz
- Pacific Association Athletes Competing at the US Outdoor TF Championships List
- Californians Competing at the US Outdoor TF Championships List (courtesy of Mark Winitz)
- Sacramento Bee’s very helpful Guide to 2014 USA Track & Field Outdoor Championships
- Event schedule for the US Outdoor TF Championships is posted: Check it out!
- Event schedule for the US Outdoor TF Championships is posted: Check it out!
- Local favorite Kim Conley will compete in the 10,000m. Run the Billy Mills 10K (7 pm, 6/26) and then stay to cheer her on! Entry to the Billy Mills 10K includes a ticket for the Nationals June 26 events.
- Echo Summit Track Dedication to be held the morning of June 27. Press Release
- “Capitol Shot” will kick off Championships… at the State Capitol on June 25! Read more.
- 2-Day TF Champs Tickets Are Now Available
- TF Outdoor Champs to host Billy Mills 10K on June 26, 7 pm, before the TF Champs 10,000m event. Entry includes TF Champs ticket!
- 55th Annual Golden West Invitational will be held in conjunction with National Outdoor TF Championships on Saturday, June 28.
- Click HERE for online ticket sales.
- Tickets are available!
- Official USATF Press Release
- FloTrack.com Report
- KCRA News Report
- Sacramento Bee Report
The Masters LDR Committee sent out the letter below announcing the early ratification of numerous age-group American Records, including several performances by PA runners.
Greetings on behalf of the Masters LDR Committee!
The economy is starting to reopen which brings hope. We are all eager to resume competing head-to-head
safely in National Championships. But there is still no definitive word on when it will be possible to stage Masters LDR Championships.
In the meantime, the Masters LDR Committee has ratified new American Records in June this year instead of waiting until the Annual Meeting in December.
The Committee’s early approval gives us all something to cheer about! The Committee commends Andy Carr for his tireless work in getting the necessary
paperwork filed by the races so the records can be ratified.
First, congratulations to all who broke records; it is an amazing accomplishment!
Recognition of Mark Richtman’s M60 record in the 50 Mile Run is poignant;
he died last year in a kayaking accident in Tomales Bay in California. An appreciation of this extraordinary ultra-runner, coach, multiple record holder, and leader is here.
By a serendipitous coincidence, Richtman’s running pal and fellow Tamalpa Runners athlete, Brian Pilcher, also had his amazing performance at the 2016 BOA Chicago Marathon ratified.
At that race, run one week after he set a new M60 record for the 5K, Pilcher, the 2013 USATF Masters Athlete of the Year, set new M60 records for the Half Marathon 1:16:54, the 25K 1:31:41, the 30K 1:50:53, and the Marathon 2:42:44!
Marathon records were set at the 2020 Olympic Trials Marathon in Atlanta by Abdi Abdirahman, M40 2:10:03 and Bernard Lagat, M45 2:14:03.
Two other noted Masters Marathoners set 30 Km and 50 Km records, respectively, Gene Dykes, M70 2:09:04 and Mike Wardian, M45 2:59:35.
Anny Stockman, F85 1:07:36 added the 8K to the 5K record for women 85 and up that she claimed in 2017.
Pamela Chapman-Markle, set 4 ‘ultra’ F60 records: the 100 Km 11:47:57, the 100 Mile 20:58:24, the 24 hour 190,683 meters and 48 hour 291,793 meters runs.
Runs of over 10,000 meters on the track are also under the jurisdiction of Masters LDR. Meghan Laws set 3 such F55 records at the 50,000 Meters 3:56:52, the 100,000 Meters 8:41:21 and the 50 Mile Run 6:44:50.
These PA runners also had their records ratified: Rich Hanna, Mark Murray, Jean Pommier, Bob Hearn, JoAnn Hall, and Sandra Villines.
The complete list…
For the 2020 Road Grand Prix, the Team Series has been cancelled, as well as both the Individual Short and Long Series. There will be no year-end prize money purses.
Teams and Individuals can still compete at any remaining event, and will be scored at the particular event for the event prize money.
2020 Comps are deferred until 2021.
Questions? Contact Andy Crawford (Road Grand Prix Coordinator & LDR Chair) [email protected]
Well there certainly hasn’t been much positive T&F news lately, but don’t tell that to the Bowerman Track Club. In a closed meet in Portland, BTC members Shelby Houlihan (14:23.92) and Karissa Schweizer (14:26.34) both broke Houlihan’s existing AR of 14:34.45. In the Men’s heat, Moh Ahmed destroyed his PR and Canadian record of 12:58.16 by running an incredible 12:47.20 which is now the North American Area record and 10th on teh all-time 5000m list. 35 year old Lopez Lomong continued his career revival by breaking his 13:00.13 PR, set just last year, by becoming the 9th American to break 13:00 with a 12:58.78. A time that places him 8th on the all-time American 5000m list. Not bad for a 35-year old.
The 15 Fastest 5000 Women in History (Per Tilastpaja.eu)
1 14:11.15 Tirunesh Dibaba ETH Oslo 6 Jun 2008
2 14:12.59 Almaz Ayana ETH Roma 2 Jun 2016
3 14:12.88 Meseret Defar ETH Stockholm/S 22 Jul 2008
4 14:15.41 Genzebe Dibaba ETH Saint-Denis 4 Jul 2015
5 14:18.37 Hellen Obiri KEN Roma 8 Jun 2017
6 14:20.68 Agnes Tirop KEN London 21 Jul 2019
7 14:20.87 Vivian Cheruiyot KEN Stockholm/S 29 Jul 2011
8 14:22.12 Sifan Hassan NED London 21 Jul 2019
9 14:23.14 Letesenbet Gidey ETH Rabat 13 Jul 2018
10 14:23.33 Senbere Teferi ETH Rabat 13 Jul 2018
11 14:23.75 Liliya Shobukhova RUS Kazan 19 Jul 2008
12 14:23.92 Shelby Houlihan USA Portland 10 July 2020
13 14:24.68 Elvan Abeylegesse TUR Bergen 11 Jun 2004
14 14:26.34 Karissa Schweizer USA Portland 10 July 2020
15 14:26.76 Konstanze Klosterhalfen GER Berlin 3 Aug 2019
The 10 Fastest 5000 Men In History (Per Tilastopaja.eu)
1 12:37.35 Kenenisa Bekele ETH Hengelo 31 May 2004
2 12:39.36 Haile Gebrselassie ETH Helsinki 13 Jun 1998
3 12:39.74 Daniel Komen KEN Bruxelles 22 Aug 1997
4 12:43.02 Selemon Barega ETH Bruxelles 31 Aug 2018
5 12:45.82 Hagos Gebrhiwet ETH Bruxelles 31 Aug 2018
6 12:46.53 Eliud Kipchoge KEN Roma 2 Jul 2004
7 12:46.79 Yomif Kejelcha ETH Bruxelles 31 Aug 2018
8 12:46.81 Dejen Gebremeskel ETH Saint-Denis 6 Jul 2012
9 12:47.04 Sileshi Sihine ETH Roma 2 Jul 2004
10 12:47.20 Moh Ahmed CAN Portland 10 July 2020
There will be an LDR virtual meeting on July 12th, 2020 at 1:00pm.
- 2020 XC Grand Prix – status and plan
- 2020 MUT Grand Prix – status and plan
If you would like to join, your courteous notification prior to the meeting is appreciated. Please let Andy Crawford ([email protected]) LDR Chair know in advance if possible.
How to join the meeting:
Topic: LDR Meeting
Time: Jul 12, 2020 01:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 913 8828 8289
One tap mobile
+12133388477,,91388288289# US (Los Angeles)
+16692192599,,91388288289# US (San Jose)
Click on the link below for notes from the 20 June national office Q&A with national leadership regarding return to practice and competition