SILICON VALLEY LEADERSHIP FOUNDATION RACE MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
Applied Materials “Silicon Valley Turkey Trot”
TiVo “Santa Run Silicon Valley”
Lam Research “Heart & Soles 5K”
The Race Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the Silicon Valley Leadership Group Foundation’s races. Reporting to the Race Director, the Race Manager will be an exempt employee. Nights and weekend days are required in this position. Key responsibilities are listed below as well as other tasks as assigned.
• Develop and maintain a work plan with Race Director and staff and update as needed
- Work with board, staff and Race Committee on evaluating and implementing enhancements to race experience
• Organize and manage a 40 member Steering Committee that includes managing committee members, identifying roles, providing race day orientation and managing monthly meetings
• Manage inventory, design, purchase and distribution of all race materials, including shirts, medals, signage, in-kind donations, gift certificates
• Run all logistics, including oversight of contractors, race staff and committee members on race days
• Handle all events-related paperwork, including permits, encroachment permits, street closures, fire, parks, etc.
- Manage registration and timing companies, including recruitment, contracts and execution of services
- Oversee sponsorship fulfillment, payment invoicing and some solicitation
- Manage race subcommittees for special race categories; Elites, Mile Markers, Volunteers, Expo, Wellness and others
- Coordinate VIP reception including invites, attendee list, communication and provide support for the sponsoring venue
- Manage venue selection, course and festival locations for all races
- Provide neighborhood notification to residents and businesses impacted by the event and course with written notification two weeks prior to the event and handle follow up questions and complaints
- Oversee recruitment, selection and communication to more than 2,500 volunteers for the three races
• Working knowledge of design process for print materials with Adobe products; brochures, posters, rack cards, signage to manage a graphic designer
• Working knowledge on how to develop and execute media plan and establish media relations to promote race with the ability to manage a marketing coordinator, including use of Constant Contact, Facebook, Twitter, Word Press
• Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office, including creating extensive budgetary spreadsheets, PowerPoint Presentations and word documents
- Functional knowledge of race registration and timing platforms
- Budget and Sponsorships
• Work with Race Director to develop the race budgets and identify goals
• Manage race expenses and submit bi-weekly check requests, receipts and invoices to accountant
• Partner with Race Director to identify sponsors and develop Sponsorship Benefits Packages
• Identify and secure in-kind donors for race day food for volunteers and race participants, volunteer food during expo days and samples to be given from SVLGF booth at partnering race events for promotions
- Organizational Support
• Evaluate and report on races at quarterly Board meetings
• Attend and report on race at weekly Staff meetings
- Compensation range is $80,000 to $90,000 for roughly 11 months of work.
- One month off at the end of each “race season,” primarily in the April or May time-frame.
- In “year-two,” the goal of the Foundation is to add a benefits package.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. No phone calls please. Deadline for submission: Friday, April 24, 2015.