Welcome to the Homepage for the
REGION 16 JUNIOR OLYMPIC Track & Field Championships!
June 24-26, 2016
Hornet Stadium, Sacramento State, Sacramento, California
(includes individual & combined events)
Please Note: CLICK HERE for the Region 16 JO Combined Events Championships page.
These events will be contested on July 2, 3
Chabot College, Hayward, CA
How to Qualify for the 2016 National Junior Olympics
- “Region 16” is a unique title the Pacific Association assumes for 2016. USATF rules designate Region 16 to the association hosting the National Junior Olympics.
- Since the Pacific Association is hosting the National Junior Olympic Championships in 2016, the Region 16 TF Meet or the Region 16 JO Combined Events Championships are the only meets needed for PA youth to advance to the National JOs.
- Youth must achieve a top 5 mark in their TF event(s) at the Region 16 TF Meet or a top 2 mark at the Region 16 Combined Meet (or those who meet a performance standard. CLICK HERE for a list of these standards. The performance standard for all events is the average of the 8th place in the last three National Junior Olympic Championships in order to advance to the National JOs).
- All other associations have different regional meets for their advancement to the National JOs.
- The Pacific Association Championships (PAC, June 11-12) is a non-qualifying youth championship meet. All athletes, especially those unfamiliar with USATF youth championship competition, are encouraged to participate. The PAC is not required for advancing to the Region 16 meet.
Meet Venue – Hornet Stadium