Assistant Race Manager – Operations
Applied Materials Silicon Valley Turkey Trot
TiVo Santa Run Silicon Valley
Lam Research Heart & Soles Run
The Assistant Race Manager is an integral part of the Race Management staff, which plans and executes all aspects of the Silicon Valley Leadership Group Foundation’s races. Reporting to the Race Manager, the Assistant Race Manager will be a non-exempt employee. Some night, weekend and holiday hours are required in this position. Key responsibilities are listed below as well as other tasks as assigned.
- Work with the Race Manager to develop and maintain a work plan for each event
- Manage inventory, design and purchasing of all race materials, including shirts, medals, signage, etc.
- Lead all expo and race day operations from load-in to load-out including equipment deliveries, setup, course management and breakdown
- Help develop a layout for each event to include course, start, finish, corrals, festival areas, stages, etc.
- Oversee logistics, including oversight of contractors, race staff, interns and volunteers
- Research and attend events looking for ways SVLGF can add value and improve our athlete experience
- Complete all events-related paperwork, including permits, street closures, traffic plans, fire, parks, police, public works, Caltrans, DOT, insurance, etc.
- Lead athlete safety initiatives with medical personnel, search and rescue, police and fire
- Track race expenses against the budget, submit invoices and receipts to accounting
- Identify and secure in-kind donations for participant, volunteer and VIP refreshments for SVLGF races as well as promotional items used for marketing
- Oversee on-site sponsorship fulfillment of expo and race day
- Solicit vendors to generate revenue and enhance the event experience
- Manage race committees for a variety of individual race categories
- Partner with Race Manager to identify sponsors and develop sponsorships
- Perform other event related duties with the assistance of the Race Manager
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Previous event management experience
- Passion for the running industry
- Ability to regularly lift items up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 40 pounds
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint and Word documents
- Working knowledge of Google applications, Gmail, Google Doc’s, etc.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
This position is a full time, non-exempt position with benefits
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to [email protected]