2009 USATF Elite Athlete Handbook Now Available Online
From: USA Track & Field
To: [email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 12:31 PM
Subject: Elite Athlete Handbook NOW Available Online
Attention All – the Elite Athlete Department at USA Track & Field is proud to announce that the 2009 Elite Athlete Handbook is now available online. In an effort to be more efficient – this publication will be available online only and will not be printed and mailed. This allows USATF to provide athletes and agents the most updated information in a timely fashion. The 2009 Elite Athlete Handbook can be found at www.usatf.org/elite.
Athletes have the ability to download the entire Elite Athlete Handbook as a PDF or you can download individual sections – see a description of each section below.
Elite Athlete Handbook by Section
- Introduction – letters from USATF CEO Doug Logan, USATF President Stephanie Hightower and Chair of the Athletes Advisory Committee Jon Drummond. There is also a introduction to USATF as well as detailed looked at the Project 30 recommendations and Doug Logan’s response to those recommendations. Finally – there is a picture guide for the Elite Athlete Department.
- Athlete Support – USATF Foundation information, Elite Development Clubs and Taxes.
Note: We are currently awaiting approval from the USOC on athlete support programs such as Operation Gold, Travel Allocations, Performance Pool Funding, Elite Athlete Health Insurance, etc. As soon as the information is available – the handbook will be updated and athletes will be emailed directing them to the new information.
- Anti-Doping – All new regulations and protocols for the recently introduced International Standard of Testing as well as USATF Regulations regarding drug testing. Information regarding medical exemptions for athletes who required prohibited substances for medical reasons. Sample forms for Surrender of Citizenship Benefits and Therapeutic Use Exemption as well as information for athletes considering retirement.
- Team USA – List of 2009 Team USA competitions, information on selection procedures for 2009 World Championships, sample of Team USA Statement of Conditions. Qualifying Standards for USA Outdoor Championships and IAAF World Championships. There is also extensive information traveling both domestically and internationally as well detailed information on US airlines, contact information, their baggage fee structure and information on frequent travel programs.
- Communications/Public Outreach – Win with Integrity programs as well as information for dealing with Media and athlete bios for the internet and printed publications.
- Events/Calendars – 2009 Calendar of Elite Athlete Competitions, information on the IAAF Golden League and the upcoming IAAF Diamond League debuting in 2010. Details on the 2009 Visa Championship Series, USA Running Circuit and USA Race Walking Grand Prix.
- Committees/Directories – Information and contact details for the following USATF groups that directly affect athletes – Athletes Advisory Committee, Authorized Athletes Representatives (Agents), Board of Directors and the National Office Staff Directory.
We hope that this handbook provides you information on any question or issue you have regarding your interactions with USATF and/or the sport of track & field. If you have suggestions, corrections, additions or requests for this handbook, please send them to [email protected] or if there is something that is not covered in this handbook, contact Melissa as well. We will help you to find the answer to your question or concern.
Happy Earth Day to you all – the Elite Athlete Department of USA Track & Field