Pacific Association / USATF
2009 Junior Olympic Region 16
Youth Cross Country Championships
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Rancho San Rafael Park (Reno, Nevada)
Meet Director: Bob Shor at (707) 539-6787 or [email protected]
This is the Pacific Association’s ONLY qualifying meet for the National USATF Junior Olympic Cross Country Championships. The National meet will be held two weeks later on December 12, 2009 on this same course.
Meet Entry Information
- All Athletes:
- Must compete in your age group
- Must be a current USATF member
- If you are going to compete as a member of an age group team, all members on the team, must be in the same age group, of the same sex and a member of the same PA/USATF registered club
Year of Birth
1999 or later
- High School Athletes: You must compete in thismeetin order to qualify for theNationalUSATF Junior Olympic Cross Country Championships
- California High School Athletes: If you plan to compete at the CIF state meet on Saturday, November 28 located in Fresno, plan your after race travel to ensure you will be ready to compete in Reno on Sunday morning, November 29
- Registration is a 2-step process
- Obtain a 2009 USATF membership number @ https://www.pausatf.org/data/PAAppOnline.html
- Proof of birth date validation
- New Member: Mail a copy of your birth certificate or other approved documenttovalidate your date of birth to:
- PA/USATF c/o Heike Mansoor
- 120 Ponderosa Ct.
- Folsom, CA 95630
- Must be received in the PA/USATF office no later than Thursday, November 19 so there is time to process the paperwork. If you miss this deadline then you must attach a copy of the proof of birth date to the paperwork that is documented in Step 2 below
- Returning Member: Check the PA/USATF website to confirm your proof ofbirthhas been received at the national office. If your date of birth has not been validated then follow steps above for “New Member”
- Both Step 1 and Step 2 must be done to complete the registration process.
- Step 1: Online Registration
- Click on the links below to the register electronically via the USATF National website
- It is a very simple online process. Before you get started make sure you have your 2009 10-digit USATF membership number and password. The steps are intuitive and easy to follow. Just keep clicking next till you are done. If you are a coach registering your club youth athletes you initially enter the website with your own personal USATF 10-digit membership number and password
- Teams: If you are registering an age-group team you have the ability to register each athlete and assign them to the proper team within your squad (i.e., A, B or C team)
- Once you have completed the registration process you will be asked to pay online either via Visa or an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
- Registration Fee: $15.00 per athlete
- Deadline for online registration: 12 Midnight on Sunday, November 22, 2009
- Step 2: Back-up Paper Registration
- Individual Athlete: Print the 2009 USATF Junior Olympic Cross Country Program Individual Entry & Advancement form
- Fill out the top third of the form though the field titled, “USATF Membership Number.” Leave Section 1, 2 and 3 blank. Both athlete and parent must sign form at the bottom
- If you have any concerns about the timely validation of a birth date … attach a copy of the athlete’s birth certificate to the individual’s form
- Age Group Teams Within a Club: In addition to every athlete in the meet completing the form above, each club that plans to compete in the team competition by entering an age group team of 5-8 same sex athletes must also print and complete the 2009 USATF Junior Olympic Cross Country Program Team Entry/Advancement and Declaration Roster
- Fill out all parts of the page except the columns for Association, Regional, National … leave these blank
- Recommendation: List every 2009 USATF member within an age group on your roster in case you need to replace an athlete
- Deadline to mail in signed copy of the Junior Olympic individual and age group team paperwork must be postmarked no later than 12 Midnight on Monday, November 23.
- PA/USATF Region 16 Cross Country
- c/o Maria Castillo
- 221 Waterview Terrace
- Vallejo, CA 94591
LATE REGISTRATION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED THIS YEAR
Race Day Timeline (November 29)
- 7:30 to 9:00 am: Packet Pick-up
- 9:00 to 10:00 am: Award ceremony for fall season point winners followed by Course Walk
- 10:00 am: First Race (Bantam Girls)
Races are contested youngest age group to oldest age group; girls then boys. Races will start shortly after the last finisher in the previous race crosses the finish line. If there are less than 21 runners in each of the Intermediate and Young age groups these races will be combined and contested at the same time. Based on pre-registration it will be announced in the morning coach’s meeting if these age groups will be combined.
Advancement from the Region 16 Junior Olympics to National USATF Junior Olympics
The first twenty (20) finishers in each age group qualify for the Nationals. If a top 20 finisher decides not to advance to nationals, the athlete who placed 21 cannot go in their place. In addition to the individual finishers, the first three (3) teams in each age group will qualify for the Nationals. A team may have 5, 6, 7 or 8 runners and must be registered to compete as a team before the competition begins. At the start of each race, the Regional Coordinator will walk the starting line to validate that each runner is present and if a club is running more than one age group team in a single division they will be documented at that time (i.e., A, B, or C team).
Do not leave this meet until you have paid your $20 advancement fee and turned in your Junior Olympic individual and team declaration forms. You cannot compete in the National meet unless this is done the day of this competition.
Advancement fees can be paid as soon as results are available. If you are part of a club, then a club coach or designate is requested to submit team entries per age group. Coaches can also advance their entire team at the close of the Young Men competition.
- Advancement Fee to National USATF Junior Olympics: $20 per athlete (must be paid in cash)
The course is primarily rough grass with some gravel, a few drainage ditches, a few wooden bridges, several concrete walkways to cross and some long, gradual hills. Spectators will be able to see most of the race. This is the exact course that you will be running at the USATF Junior Olympic Cross Country Nationals.
The first twenty (20) finishers in each age group will receive a Regional USATF Junior Olympic medal.
From California take I-80 East to Reno. Once in Reno take the Virginia Street exit. Turn left on Virginia Street to 9th Street. Turn left on 9th Street for one block. Turn right on Sierra Street. Go up the hill for about ½ mile and take a left into Rancho San Rafael Park.