Getting to and around San Francisco
Check out the USATF Airfare & Hotel Discounts!
The San Francisco Bay Area is very convenient to access by air. There are three airports that feed our area: San Francisco International Airport (SFO), Oakland International Airport (OAK) and San Jose International Airport (SJC). There are many direct flights to San Francisco from key cities of Chicago, New York, Boston, Seattle, Phoenix and many more. San Francisco: a destination city extraordinaire!
Transportation to San Francisco from These Airports
- From the San Francisco Airport, we have the Bay Area Rapid Transportation (BART) that is immediately accessible from the airport via the people mover to BART without freezing or going through parking lots. It is sheltered from the wind and cold. BART takes you directly downtown in 25 minutes so that you can transfer to the San Francisco Municipal Railway system, the best in the US. The 30 Stockton bus stop is just across the street from the host hotel, Holiday Inn Fisherman’s Wharf.
- If you arrive in Oakland International Airport, you can take the BART Shuttle from the airport to connect to BART heading west to San Francisco. On BART, you will experience going into the “tube” in the San Francisco Bay arrive to the other side in San Francisco. At this point, you can also connect with the 30 Stockton at Kearney and Market to Fisherman’s Wharf to the stop at Columbus Avenue and North Point.
- The San Jose Airport is a little further away and one can rent a vehicle to drive one hour up to the City to the hotel.
There will be no race shuttles from the hotels to the race venue. Ride-share, Muni, Uber, Lyft, and rental cars are all available. Hotel to Golden Gate Park is about 20 minutes by car and there is plenty of parking there. It will be very inexpensive to ride share with other runners and/or team members.
Rental Cars: There are three or more rental car agencies at Fisherman’s Wharf within walking distance of the hotels so athletes can do a one-day rental and return.
- From the Host Hotel to Golden Gate Park
- From Golden Gate Park to the Awards Ceremony at 2500 Mason St.